Mission & Values Statements
To provide a quality education through ability-based instruction in a safe and caring environment.
The vision of New Bedford Academy...a fully accredited district providing an outstanding academic and social environment where students become lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
To promote the growth of each child, education must be a partnership between family, school, and community.
- A positive attitude in the classroom and at home enhances success.
- Promoting good citizenship in school strengthens our community
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- All children and adults can learn.
- Individuals are to behave in a responsible respectful manner.
- Each individual student should be given opportunities to cultivate his/her abilities and talents.
- In order to learn, an individual student must be an active participant in his/her learning.
- Low student/teacher ratio is correlated to greater student achievement.
- The social and academic learning process is accelerated if students learn cooperation in the classroom.
- A sense of security fosters a positive learning environment. Good attendance is essential to academic success.